Summer Sevens Series Information
In order for SCRRS to adequately provide referees for the many 7’s tournaments this summer, the following guidelines should be adhered to:
- Communicate as early as possible with SCRRS regarding times, location, expected number of teams, and planned number of matches. This will
Communicate as early as possible with SCRRS regarding times, location, expected number of teams, and planned number of matches. This will
- As has been standard practice for the past two seasons, tournament hosts are charged at a “per team” rate:
- Qualifier events will be charged $100 per team in the qualifier pool;
- Social events will be charged $100 per assigned referee in the social bracket (assignments based on 4 matches per referee).
- Tournament hosts are REQUIRED to confirm final team and match numbers no later than the Wednesday before the tournament by 09h00 (i.e. 72 hours notice):
- Referee resources will be finalized at this time too;
- Any last-minute cancellations or additions following the deadline will be rejected by SCRRS and referee resources and costs will not be adjusted.
- Some tournaments in outlying areas will be required to provide accommodations for assigned referees who travel more than 2 hours:
- Currently this applies to Midnight 7’s, Grunions 7’s, and Tri-Tip 7’s;
- Other tournaments will be evaluated depending on local and traveling referee availability.
- Tournament hosts who do not communicate with SCRRS at least 2 weeks in advance of the tournament date will be double-billed, as has been standard practice over the past 2 seasons.
- SCRRS CONTACTS: