Referee coaching opportunity with USA RugbyPosted by ncsmeda on September 24th, 2014
From the desk of your president:
USA Rugby and SCRRS are working together to provide coaching opportunities for referee coaches and referees during the upcoming Huntington Beach Unicorns Tournament scheduled for November 8.
Both Ed Todd and Matt Eason are confirmed attendees from USA Rugby.
- Friday evening, November 7th (estimated 1830-2130hrs) will include an overview and practical review of coaching
- Saturday all day, November 8th – working with referee coaches and referees during the Unicorns Tournament
- Sunday morning, November 9th (estimated 0800-1100hrs) – debrief of all activities and future opportunities for development
- Sunday later morning – Fall General Meeting 1130-1400hrs – estimated)
We will have room for up to 12-14 coaches. If there is room left over, SCRRS will invite potential coaches from NorCal and ARRS. First come-first served so PLEASE send an email to me (Phil-see email address below) expressing your interest. You will be expected to participate in all sessions.
If you live more than 1.5 hours away from the Huntington Beach area, SCRRS will supply accommodations at the central hotel based on double occupancy. You are more than welcome to make your own arrangements if you are confirmed on attending but SCRRS will NOT reimburse your expenses. There could be a possible fuel reimbursement but that is yet to be determined at this time. SCRRS will be providing pizza and non-alcoholic beverages at the Friday evening event, as well as dinner on Saturday at a restaurant.
Pre-requisites and preferences:
1) Completion of the Coaching Match Officals (CMO) course since 2012
2) Preference will be provided to CMO attendees from the new completed course including the one offered on November 1, 2014
3) Coaches who are committed and dedicated (or have shown) to helping and developing SCRRS referees
4) Are planning on attending all three aspects (Friday evening, Saturday tournament, Sunday morning review)
PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR INTENTION BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS (1900HRS) NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 20th. This will provide an opportunity, if space is available, to reach out to other Societies.
Further details as to location and times are yet to be determined.
Keeping SCRRS moving forward in a positive way.
President – SCRRS
Southern California Rugby Referees Society
“Positive people doing positive things for rugby”